Global Jet Capital’s Q3 2019 Quarterly Market Briefing covers the state of the aviation market for new and pre-owned business jets in the first three quarters of 2019. Additionally, this report provides an overview of overall economic conditions, business jet flight operations, pre-owned and new market conditions, business jet transactions, and changes in aircraft residual values.
This report includes data and perspective on:
- Growth in new deliveries countered declines in pre-owned transactions, driving a growth in the business jet market in the third quarter of 2019
- Market conditions continue to be even, with economic growth slow but steady and business jet operations remaining stable
- Increased new deliveries are refreshing an aircraft fleet that has been aging since the end of the financial crisis
- Inventories and manufacturer backlogs increased as business jet buyers favor new aircraft over pre-owned jets
- Average residual values improved in 2018 and early 2019, but volatility continues at the individual model level